Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlackCherryZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 BC-Z M6
BlackCherryZ is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDCORE View Post
People always seem to ask the question that OP did. I COULD have saved a little longer for an E92 M3. I COULD have saved a little longer for the Vette Grand Sport. Hell I COULD have saved for the next 2 years and bought a Z06 with lower payments than I have on my Z and been totally happy and not even think about modding it. Point being, you spend about $36K on a car, put another $4K into it for a few bolt ons and misc stuff, oil changes, auto care products, etc. At this point you want more power but realise you have spent a ton of money on a car that your not happy with. Then your like "wa wa wa I want to go FI but it costs a lot of money to DO IT RIGHT, I should have just bought a cheaper car and boosted it for less money or bought a faster, much more expensive car". If you buy a 370Z and your not happy with the power it has stock, all that means is you KNEW you weren't gonna be happy before you bought it. I mean seriously don't compare the Z to cars that are not direct competitors. Your going from 2 extremes, a much slower S2K to a much faster M3. If all you care about is power, buy a cheap 1992 Honda Civic EG hatch, K20/K24 swap, strip it down, boost it, and if your a good driver, have fun smoking cars you never thought you could for a low price and all the ricer comments you could imagine! I will enjoy my Z along with the attention it brings me, both unwanted and wanted. Key word there - enjoyment. Wether bone stock or in a full race stage of development, I will enjoy it. So don't buy it unless your 100% convinced. A car purchase is like the 2nd largest purchase you can make in your life right? The first is getting married or something like that.

well, i know what you are inferring........... i too agree that i must be able to enjoy..............FIRST........and i do like my Z..........no doubt about it....

except that it does not have enough room for my groceries, which i just realized TODAY........ from now on, i am not using my Z for shopping. PERIOD!

at the moment, i am a single and i would like to enjoy the freedom to make my own decisions on my hobby and being able to spend how i like it *^^*

i did think about buying a M3......... i was not too concerned about the monthly payment.......but the gas, insurance, and state tax.... it came out to be about $2000 a month.....which to me is toooooooooo, way toooooooooo much for a ride....

for s2k, i really liked it ALOT, but being a convertible, the road noise was unbearable........... but the turbo is relatively cheap and powerful, of course when do and tune it right.........

as far as civic is concerned............. i too thought about it..... comparatively cheap and cheaper to mod..... but a civic is a civic........no matter how much power it has............... IMO, if you are in college or early twenties and mod a civic, it is understandable (for the lack of better word)

but, being my age, approaching mid thirties, i do not want to mod a civic as my daily driver.....I am NOT downplaying the value in civic, for i had one a couple of years ago when i was in school..... it is a great car, BUT CIVIC is a CIVIC!

in short, i guess it is a commitment.............. and the right mind and ability to balance the check book.....

it is as if "damned if i dont, damned if i do."

well, i was reading up on GTM supercharger............waiting on dyno results....

my first priority is to spend about (at max) $10k and get the most power for a daily driver, while not jeopardizing the engine longevity....

I plan to own my 2010Z for about 5 years, then hopefully a M3 or GTR..... 5 years is about 80k miles on the road...... give it or take a little....

this is just an estimate, but if i were to go with a SC, it will cost roughly $10K with a 400-500 rwhp car; but for a TT, it will cost roughly $16K with a 500rwhp car, but i would also need to rebuild the engine.......probably another $10K....

only if the TT were in 10K range INSTALLED, i would not doubt about it......

well, i am STILL debating on a SC vs a TT...........if i were to go with a TT, then I am keeping my Z forever..........
BlackCherryZ is offline   Reply With Quote