View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion you might end up dissapointed. The best I figure we will see is Nissan returning to Brembos again. I hope they do, but I'm not holding my breath. Switching to Akebonos was a cost cutting measure, over the arguably more expensive and better Brembos from the Z33.

I dunno... Just look at the Z34 price point. We already know (or suspect) the 400hp TT setup is coming. Now add Brembos on top and whatever other improvements we want to see over the Z34, shiiiiiiet... We might be asking for a car that really does hit the 60k mark. Would you be willing to pay that price?

I'm secretly hoping Nissan pulls a magic card out of their *** and gives us the car [most] of us want, at a price [most] of us are willing to pay, but I guess time will tell if it actually hits the mark.

You're right in saying that GM and Ford added nice brakes, in addition to a ton of power and pretty nice handling suspensions (or at least way nicer than they did in the past), but one thing they didn't give a crap about was weight- the Z34 uses extensive amounts of aluminum and Nissan did their best to keep the weight down... That in itself isn't cheap. So which would you prefer? I doubt Nissan will give us everything.
Agreed, but one can hope. The Camero was also put on a diet and is not as heavy as it was now that it has a aluminum frame. My car with me and a full tank of fuel are 3450 lbs.

Nissan has us by the short hairs and they know it because even with the cars short comings there are no real competitors as been said over and over. I love my z, I was the only one a the track one this past weekend and the professional photographer that was the only one that take and sale pictures took 47 pictures of my car over the weekend. When my buddy asked her why she took so many pictures of it, she said because it's different and it's fast. I like taking pictures of the unique cars!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote