View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 05:20 AM   #3235 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Jalopnik asks the same question most of us are wondering....

Does Nissan Even Care About Motorsports In North America Anymore?
Unfortunately, it's the sign of the times. It does look like Nissan seems to want to concentrate on SUV's and sedans and leave the rest to Infiniti.

I mean if any of you saw the Rolex 24 at Daytona a couple of weeks ago, you could just make out the tiny Nissan Nismo decal on the Tequila Patron prototype car. I don't know what Nissan's involvement is with these cars but based on the level of brand visibility, it must be minimal or they've become extremely shy about their brand.

I really thought something would come out of the Nissan partnership in the Deltawing racer a couple of years ago but nothing. Then they had that front-wheel drive GTR LM Nismo prototype car only to pull it during the 2015 season after only one race.

People, it does look like Nissan is abandoning motorsports, in NA at least. Hope I'm wrong.