View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newls196 View Post
i use nothing but mobil 1 in my other vehicles with lucas syn oil stab... I have 190K on my 2002 tahoe that ive had since new and never a single issue.. Z will get mobil 1 and luc syn oil additive on this next oil change.
I've never used the the synthetic stabilizer, but I know the regular oil stabilizer I've had problems with in motors that didn't have lots of miles. It's just too thick for them. Now in worn motors I've lots of luck with it. In my Jeep before I rebuilt it, it bought me some time. It works great in differentials, transmissions, and transfer cases, but that's just my what I think.

Personally, I'm just using Mobil 1 as is in my Z.

On a side note, the Lucas Gun oil is pretty good stuff, especially for being cheap, if you find that in store with the Lucas stuff.