View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
pulpz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG 370Z Sport 6MT
pulpz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpz View Post
Congrats on the purchase. I test drove an '09 Boxter prior to getting my 370z. No question there is a big difference in feel and refinement. and to feel and hear that flat six over your shoulder is pure magic. The killer for me was the lack of leg room (I'm 6' 2"). And I was on the fence about paying the extra 25-30k. As a side note, I found the Porsche dealerships at the time were willing to discount MSRP by upto 10%.

Have since sold my 370 and will be in the market this next year for another sports car. I stopped at the Porsche dealership the other day and sat in the new Cayman. What a great job Porsche has done with redesigning the interior. Very comfortable. I passed on the salesman's offer to test drive because I knew I would lose all sense of financial responsibility after only a few minutes behind the wheel

Of course I always come back to the Z, but would love to move into a Cayman S. so I'm struggling again with the price difference. And of course other cars of interest come into play at the Cayman price point . Corvette and M3 just to name a quick few. Hands down the Z is a better VALUE at basically 1/2 the price. But no doubt, the mechanical purity and refinement of car like the Porsche is a premium one must come to their own decision on it's worth. I my self struggle with living and never owning such a machine.

Again congrats on your purchase and I tip my hat to you for both pulling the trigger on spending the extra dough, and having the discipline to stay on budget. I can only imagine how any regret about spending the money is quickly washed away by a romp thru the twisters. Enjoy!
After many years, I finally joined the club! What an incredible machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-02-05 19.46.14.jpg (428.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 20170205_174847.jpg (592.8 KB, 66 views)

2016 Cayman GTS 6MT / 2017 Q60 Sport / 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD / 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD F-Sport (Sold) / 2009 PG 370Z Sport 6MT, (Sold) / 2003 SS 350Z Enthusiast 6MT (Sold)
pulpz is offline   Reply With Quote