View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014Z View Post
If I go with the basic Z1 CAI, I guess that I could go to my local mechanic. But if I go to the CAI upgrade, I need to have that crash bar modified and I don't think that my guy can do it. Would prefer to have someone that has completed this before.
Thanks for all of the advice.
I took a look at the Z1 instructions for this and you are 100% right.. that is not for your average mechanic. The worst thing would be for this to be performed incorrectly and your tow bar snaps in half should your car get towed.

Z1 does offer a service to perform the modification for you if you send in your crash bar...If I were contemplating this, I think I'd call around to some junkyards first to see if I could pick up a second hand crash bar to send in to them - or try to buy one on ebay or something and have it shipped straight to Z1. Post a WTB in the classifieds here - anyone with a BP turbo kit, FI TT kit, or an old V1 GTM TT kit will have deleted or replaced their crash bar and just have it laying around in their garage.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote