View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guyfromthere
Base Member

Drives: 370z 2012 mt
Guyfromthere is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
If you're replacing the rotors yourself, there are several pretty serious track guys who use cheap, auto parts store blank rotors. Sure, you have to replace them more often, but it is much less expensive. Z1 has lots of reasonably priced options for upgrades. If you are serious about performance, they have lightweight, 2-piece rotors with replacement rotor inserts - but you gotta pay to play.

Depending on your braking habits both on and off the track, you may get much more or much less life out of your rotors than other drivers. If you're not threshold braking a lot, then you should get more life. But a few hardcore track days can really eat them up if you're going balls deep every corner.

Make sure you get some good brake fluid if you haven't already. Motul RBF600 is good, but RBF660 or Torque RT700 are better if you really push your brakes.
Wow, thanks for informative post! I had a chance to stock up on some RBF600 real cheap, so I'm using it at the moment. I was looking at the 2 piece rotors you mentioned and they really look tempting since I track my car only in summer (which are pretty short here) so I get like 6 full track days tops per year. Rest of my driving is spirited drives late at night or grocery trips since I work from home

Would you say XP10/XP8 would be a good choice for pads as well or should I opt to use them only on track days since I saw some people mentioning the noise which I don't mind since my exhaust is uber loud already?

Thanks for all the information you are providing!
Guyfromthere is offline   Reply With Quote