View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Zala
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo manual
Zala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
After a 2006 350z, a 2009 370z, a 2013 370z and a 3014 370z sports package, I traded to a Mazda Miata MX5 Grand Touring.

While I miss the power, the comfort and such, I hate to say this but there is absolutely no car that is as much fun to drive as the new Miata. At under 65 mph, the 370z or the Corvette is actually quite boring. The Miata is much more fun.

I had taken to driving the 370Z at high speeds on highways, to zip in and out of traffic, to do whatever I could to feel its greatness. The Miata feels fast at lower speeds and the handling and turning is amazing. You enjoy it so much more on city streets and everyday driving.
My 370Z kind off is my second car...

I traded my first 370Z (2010 model) for an NC Power Hardtop Miata. Like the person I've quoted, I did miss the power my Z had. I sorted out the miata with forced induction and tighter suspension. It simply outperforms the Z now and drops the top, so it's my #1. Still, I'm upgrading the Miata further (swapping in an EFR turbo) and it's at my tuner's shop, so I wanted something a little more tame for the streets that I can count on to be decently quick without mods and still give me that 2 seater experience I prefer for my sport cars (don't like 2+2 coupes). The 370z is the only car that fits that bill for not too much cash, so I have one again and enjoy every moment I drive it.

My #3 is my Focus ST. It's fun too, but it wears the UHP All-Seasons, gets the rain/ice duty, handles the Costco runs, carries my +2/3's, and carries my spare tire to the tire shop when I have a flat on the Z/Miata that needs repair.

Ultimately, there's a lot of good stuff to drive out there and feel very fortunate I get to try a few that really work for my tastes.
Zala is offline   Reply With Quote