View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #3266 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Wired is always going to be more secure than wireless. You're talking about access to a physical port vs access to the air near a wireless access point.

I'm not sure if all models have them, but I know some have an option for encryption. That's really more for commercial spaces that are open to the public (so someone can't just plug in and get on your network). In your own home, you shouldn't need to worry about some random person gaining access to the physical network port. Unless maybe you host a soup kitchen or large gatherings of unknown persons
I'll have to look into this for sure, sounds like something I'd be interested in. If it uses plugs don't need to pull cat5 through the vents and all that or open up walls. Maybe this and a sonicwall would do the trick.