View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
littlejuanito
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Touring Sport
littlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond repute
Default Powertrix Damping Settings Issues

Hello. I have a few questions regarding the Powertrix coilovers. I had these installed about a month ago and so far, they've been great and nothing short of amazing, but I'm having trouble with the damping settings.

The issue is with the adjustment knobs, as the clicks seem to be off on some of the shocks. Example, I thought I had set all dampers to a 7 level (7 clicks from full soft) but when I dialed them all back to 1 (softest), it took less clicks on some of the shocks and more on others to get back to "1". I then noticed that sometimes the click is barely felt and/or is very short or long, making it difficult to accurately dial them all in to the same number.

For now, I decided to set all of them to "softest" which brings me to my next question. Should I leave the dampers at this low setting? What are the pros/cons when it comes to spirited driving and canyon carving If I leave the shocks soft? should I compensate adjusting other suspensions components...like stiffening front sway bars, more neg camber?

BTW, The springs are Swift 12k front/11k rear
Fast Intentions Non-Resonated Carbon Fiber CBE | Berk Non-Resonated HFC | Powertrix Coilovers | RJM Clutch Pedal | LatheWerks Shift Knob | Stillen Sway Bars, |SPL Parts | Enkei RS05RR | Fujimura Diffuser | Ecutek Tuned by Seb | 308whp
littlejuanito is offline   Reply With Quote