View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #52 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp9 View Post
If you have your developer setting enable you can in there that has an option to keep screen while charging that way when it gets power it will come on automatically. That's how I have mine. Also theres also Tasker which I use to cut it off. Cause I go days without driving my miata since i got the z. Theres also a mod that will boot the tablet if it's off,when it gets power. But you have to do that through recovery mode. Mine is a permanent install so that was a must. There was tone of info on xda developer. And on the miata forums. Sadly not many have been done for the z at least i havent seen many
I've never used an android tab, but assume developer mode is something you can set it to by default? Or do you need to do something to the OS to make that happen?

I'd be doing a parmanent install too and these android tablets are so cheap that makes it feasible. As long as it works with the DashCommand app, has Bluetooth, and will power on and off with the car that's all I need for me anyways. Not trying to replace my head unit or anything like that, I just want the additional gauges for monitoring.

And if this can be pieced together for a couple hundred bucks or less like it sounds like then il certainly give it a try.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote