View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Given all the scope on the build, I'm maybe leaning a bit more on the FWD VQ.
I think you are on the right track here... With a scratch-build like a midlana you are going to have a billion tiny things that are going be a lot of work, especially since you won't be able to leverage all of Kurt's work with his K24... I think cutting the corner on motor/trans at the sacrifice of a few dozen horsepower is the right move. Hell, even Kurt's car isn't finished yet, granted it's been 99% for a long time now and he's mostly just been d!cking around with his turbo setup.

You could possibly get through 70% before even really needing to know your engine and trans choice. At the very least a rolling chassis... maybe the right move is to start building now and see later how much time and patience you have for motor work or if you just want to drop in something simple and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
BTW, your build is pretty awesome. Definitely more of a streetcar than my S13.
Thanks! It's definitely built to be a street car in the "Grand Touring" mold.

Good luck! Come back and ping me when you get your build up and going! I'm definitely interested to follow along.

One thing that might turn your world upside down with this project - over on locostusa there is a guy who built an AWD middy using a Sylva Riot kit. He used the eclipse/talon setup from the 90's by turning the transfer case 180 degrees and mounting the rear diff upside down in the front. Genius!
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote