View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #2956 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by triso07 View Post
Want to see what the current 1LE Camaro offers for 46k ...

V8 455 horsepower
6-speed manual transmission
Magnetic Ride Control
electronic limited-slip differential
Forged-aluminum wheels running 285/30ZR20 front and 305/30ZR20 rear
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
Brembo brakes with 6-piston 2-piece rotor
Track cooling packages like engine oil, differential, and trans
Dual-mode exhaust
RECARO seats
Available Performance Data Recorder
Rev Matching

you don't even need to go the 1LE route, the 1ss can be had for the same price as a base sport 370 and at the same time run laps around the z34 nismo, granted you won't have the same experience, but physics can't be argued with.

nothing new here, times moved on and nissan didn't, or I should say Carlos Ghon the nissan CEO didn't.

If you watch a very old jay lennos garage episode he goes to japan and talk to the Z designer, he says everything is in process and just waiting the green light from the administration, unfortunately Carlos just like all other CEO's is milking the mass market cars and propping up the brand with the flagship GTR, meanwhile leaving the red headed step child Z behind until he feels like he milked every other segment.

When will that be? only Carlos knows, but I can tell you right now the japanese nissan board isn't complaining, the company is thriving and making money.

What they did with the Z letting it go for so long without any 'upgrades' or even remedies like the CSC fix just shows you blatantly they do not care for the Z since there market is so saturated and there is no money there, meaning they would have to make a superior product, meaning they would have to invest a lot of R&D into the platform that just does not generate the revenue.

Look how many maximas they sold in one year then look at how many Z's, its pure business.

I hope the next gen is around the corner, but honestly at this point I lost interest and moved on to the c7 platform, you can pick up a brand new vette for the price of a nismo Z and have a much wider grin on your face.

It's really sad that we may see a C8 before we see the next gen Z.

Last edited by Redglare; 01-10-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote