View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #188 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I've done several installs for local forum members plus twice on my own car. Be thankful if you're working with the Rev 3.X because earlier versions were much more difficult.

I've spent as long as 1.5 installing and adjusting before. But the later models I've been able to install with minimal adjustment needed in as short as 20 min (add 10 min for OEM pedal removal). I'm 6'1" 240 and don't even bother to remove the seat. Being left handed shouldn't hinder you too much either - I find myself using both hands in awkward positions.

The first key is to have the right tools. The first install I did was rev 2.1 in my own Z. It took forever and I had to adjust several times and even bleed the thing to get it adjusted properly. Later installs I had tools that were better for the job (smaller mostly), which made for much quicker work especially for the bolts in the firewall. The second key that worked well for me is to find something to put outside the car level with the door sill that you can lay on - I use an old wooden file cabinet turned on its side with pillows and blankets to protect the car and cushion my side and back.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote