Thread: Hfc
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
DeliriousClam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 Base Sport
DeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
I have a brand new set of Berk HFCs sitting in my garage waiting for install. I plan to do them myself. My car has been garaged for the majority of my ownership. I'm the original owner and it only has 17,000 miles on it (it's an 09). It has only been driven in the rain about 6 times and never in the snow or when the roads were salted. I purchased a long breaker bar, the correct sockets, PB Blaster and an O2 sensor wrench. I've also been told to NOT use an impact wrench. Thanks for the suggestion of using PB Blaster several days in advance. I've never heard of anyone referring to the bolts as "demon bolts" before. Im not exactly looking forward to the install, but i wasnt concerend about it. Should I be worried?
I used an impact wrench I just made sure to remove the o2 sensors first. PB blaster or liquid wrench (a lot of it) and let it sit for a few days. My experience removing them was easier than removing the cat-back. Took about 4 hours with the proper tools at hand. When I swapped to test-pipes, it took like 3 hours with a crap selection of tools.

One thing that helped A LOT was removing the intakes and using a shitload of socket extensions and a swivel joint going in from the engine bay
DeliriousClam is offline   Reply With Quote