View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #284 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbw View Post
I got mine fixed under my extended warranty. Dealer was excellent.

That said Nissan Canada, when called, was less than excellent. Deny, Deny,Deny was Nissans position even though mine was a 2010 they said I was not affected. Bullfeathers.

Bottom line the newest one is prone to failure just like the earlier versions. Here in Manitoba winter can be brutal. Windchills in the area of -40 to -60F are not uncommon. If this thing breaks somewhere there's no help available or cell phone coverage it could be deadly. In the winter I put 4 studded snowtires and run it year round. I am concerned.
Not really a winterpeg car though - I sure don't miss those temperatures!

Nissan Canada owns 50% of each dealership service shop, it's part of their franchise contract. So even when they do cover the work, it's only costing them half as much to pay out to the dealer. Smart business I guess, still kind dirty though.

In any case glad they covered it. I'm still waiting from last July for the rubber boot that covers the shifter linkage below the car
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote