View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicobra1 View Post
Mine did the same thing, several times now, its after driving a bit and then getting back in, it stutters and feels like it's going to stall.
When I had my Nismo exhaust installed I had them check this, of course they didn't find anything wrong.
RCZ: Do you know what brand of gas you were running? I know for sure I had just filled up the night before with Shell 91Oct. And Im almost sure that was what I was using the last time it happened.
Could it be a detergent or additive in the fuel?

Oil temp is between 180 - 220 range, usually hovers around 200. I hate to see what it's going to be like in mid summer when it's 90-100 degrees out side.

As a side note, I just changed the oil to Royal Purple synthetic this last weekend, it did nothing to lower the oil temp, but Im certain the car feels quicker, it seams to rev faster and have more torque, it could be my imagination but I could swear the car gained 10+ HP.

Looks like we are in need of some after market oil cooler. What were the 350z oil temps running at, were they similar??
We have 93 here, I'm not sure that it was the gas. I think there was some unburnt gas left in the system and it choked up a bit when I started it back up. It used to happen a little on my STI as well. It clears right up though. It might also just be crappy winter gas.

I went to the dealer yesterday and talked to a master tech that did the course on the GT-R and everything. He said I should only use their "ester oil" when I do any oil changes...I don't know if that is because they want to make a buck or because our cars really do need it.

I am going on the track on saturday... I'll let you all know what happens to the temperature...
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote