View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
I had spikes too. Ended up changing springs, driving around and seeing what I can hold and spike. I cleaned my WG checked the diaphragm, used compress air n guage and everything to check to make sure my ebc/boost guage was reading right. Heck, I even installed a mechanical boost gauge in line wth my ebc. They read the same. So I just changed the spring. Been good since. I think I posted about it in my build.

YzGyz
Which spring did you end up going to **edit I saw you used the 5.5 and plugged the top**. ( Question is did it yield a consistent 9psi? ) I had installed the 10lb spring and it spiked to 16psi with the intention of dumping the EBC. "The incident" quickly came back to mind and I went right back and changed it to the 7lb spring. It seems that the boost spike correllates to the spring pressure though because at 10lb it hit 16 and at 7lb it hit 13. I did'nt do a log graph so I'm not sure of the duration but each time it was a momentary pull but the scary part for me is that neither of them were WOT. During "The incident" when it hit 23.8 and anhillated pistons it was a WOT run with what I know now was bad plumbing.

The current plumb is as Sasha described , but my suspicion is a bad line from the charge pipe may be affecting the wastegates response. According to Amazon my new vacuum lines will arrive today so I'll see how this turns out. I'll also be reconnecting the EBC but leaving it off till I work out the spikes.

Last edited by solidus; 12-20-2016 at 08:35 AM.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote