View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Interested. Would be nice if it were compatible with a variety of tablets if possible.

I don't want to have to push a button to turn on the device - it should power on with the car. I'm also concerned how good/bad the buttons will look, but I'll reserve judgment until some form of mock up is presented.
That clamp design seems it would have the potential of being at least adaptable to some different tablets.

The power on bit would be dependant on your tablet wouldn't it? I'm only familiar with iOS stuff but it does cycle the screen when it is plugged into power so as long as it is unlocked it should turn on. The "always on" option would probably have to be selected as well so it doesn't go back to sleep with inactivity.

What would be real nice but probably impossible is if it would automatically turn on dashcommand when it starts. That's the biggest reason to have the display for me, but I can't see it happening without doing it manually. And I don't think HP Tuners has a standalone 370z program without running ProEFI so that's out too. Srill, its be nice to have the DC app, and the GoPro app too. Both already work on my head unit via CarPlay but this would be easier.

Regardless, it's nice to see someone that has a bezel that could forward with.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote