View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #85 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

What is the originally noted issue with running the impeller upgrade and 9psi pulley at the same time and the motors popping? Was it leaning out due to inaccurate MAF readings? Lack of BOV? I get that it was happening with somewhat alarming frequency but didn't see an actual explanation as to why.

This is clearly something I'm not interested in replicating!

It sounds like the FB101 would help, how about adding a BOV, relocating MAF closer to the TB, other things? (I gather A/A would negate these issues as well, I'm just contemplating aloud the other options. ID mentioned before my reasoning for the 9psi pulley is to offset the 3800' altitude here - which Id chatted with Stillen about in the past and was told it was good idea. However, the SC I'm using has the impeller upgrade already so want to make sure I'm not going to be flying in the danger zone.

Pardon the Top Gun reference lol
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote