View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Tramlining comes form having wide tires
Can be aggrivated by poor alignment
I think spacers will make it worse
Check ball joints and wheel bearings first.
Try to stay out of grooves in the street. Brake on the flat areas,not on angled surfaces.
Do everything at once so you don't need to do multiple wheel alignments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoplunge View Post
Recent alignment helped maybe 20%. Tires in the last part of their lives is probably about a third of the issue now. Those are coming soon.

Hadn't thought about wheel bearings. I'll check them out.

I have a lifetime alignment already! Plan on using that a lot 😁

Wheel bearings on all four corners are a relatively easy thing to fix. They come as assemblies, so it's 4 bolts on each (depending on front or rear) to remove them from the spindles and replace them. Amazon has the Beck-Arnley parts for the front @ $96 each and Timken for the rear @ $54 each. GL