View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
ecoplunge
Base Member

Drives: 370z TS M6
ecoplunge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
The FLCA (Front Lower Control Arm) bushings can cause tramlining. I had a noticeable decrease when I went to a set of SPL front bushings on the FLCA's. I have yet to do the Impact Bushings however.

If the Z will be a second car soon, I HIGHLY recommend going with everything SPL. My Z is my daily and I will eventually have just about everything in the SPL catalog on my Z.

Spacers don't make the problem worse really from what I have noticed on my car. The stock bushings causing dynamic alignment changes will do the most to cause movement under braking.

Multiple alignments aren't a big deal if you have a trustworthy Firestone shop around you for a lifetime alignment.
I've been suspecting the FLCA bushings. I imagine visual inspection won't tel you much unless they're really gone. What are the impact bushings - never heard of that before? On the FCLA's I've heard great things about delrin but can't find any suppliers. Are they only available as a custom machined part? And what's the material used on SPL's stuff?

My spacers made a small difference when I put them on but seemed very minor.

Check on the lifetime alignment. Very good investment.
ecoplunge is offline   Reply With Quote