View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
ecoplunge
Base Member

Drives: 370z TS M6
ecoplunge is on a distinguished road
Default 75k Miles - Time for Suspension Rebuild - Help!

My 2009 Sport 370's suspension is dead stock. It's a daily driver so I'm pretty happy with the suspension as is but I'm definitely noticing that some stuff is worn/wearing out. Biggest issue besides a little looseness is tramlining. It's getting downright scary under braking.

I'd like to do the rebuild in two major phases, first, all the bushings/wear parts and second the springs/shocks. I'd really like some advice on stage one right now. Since I'm not loaded right now I need to go at it slowly. In about five months it will be a second car so I'm perfectly fine going for performance over comfort.

Questions:

Is there a particular part of the suspension that is the major contributor to tramlining as it wears?
What parts should I be replacing in order to return the suspension to its original glory?
Are there parts that wear really quickly as opposed to others or do the suspension wear components mostly go downhill together?
Are there any parts that should be uprated as opposed to going OEM? I don't care about NVH unless it's brutal.

I'd like any technical details you've got as I'd like to understand what parts wear, why they wear and what affects they have as they wear. I'd love to come out of this knowing what a particular issue (like tramlining) comes from so I can know the cause and not just throw parts at it.

Thanks in advance for the advice and feedback.
ecoplunge is offline   Reply With Quote