View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Your list is pretty much on par with whats the bare minimum needed, the 25 row oil cooler would probably be the minimum sufficent for street driving.

The OS Giken Diff is a lot of money and if your not racing I would say it's over kill. Not to mention it needs regular service. Finned Diff cover is not necessary for street driving either. I would recomend doing all the drivetrain mods I listed, are they required no, but your CSC will eventually fail if not your clutch with the extra torque. Also not required but with more power comes more speed much faster so brakes need more stopping power. Tires are very important as well because spinning your tires can be fun sometimes, but it isn't productive, and why did you spend all that money on power if you just spin it away.
The OSG is only a couple hundred more than a Cusco or Quaife if you watch pricing carefully. Fluid changes are expected and I just consider that routine maintenance. Also, being as I have a Base the OSG should be pretty much a drop-in. Couple hundred bucks for top quality is well spent in my opinion.

The car will see more than just street driving, both road course and occasional 1320. I'm looking at limiting tire spin not inducing it. It gets you nowhere except back into your wallet for replacements. 325 MT ET Street S/S Drag Radials out back.

The CSC is an issue I haven't addressed yet as the car was brand new just this past spring - and am fully aware it will need to be. Haven't decided what clutch/flywheel I'll run but it wasn't directly relevant to the SC install so I left it off the list. Sidenote: I did add LSD and gears to the list because I'm curious of others' opinions on the 4.08 R&P coupled with FI.

Easy enough to upgrade the oil cooler if need be but this one I'll wait and see how it goes. We don't really get staggering items here even in the summer, but will put it on the track for final decision.

I'm dealing with a close but out of town wrecker on stock Nismo brakes they have on hand right now actually. Depends what they come back to me with. If it's a good deal then I'll go for it, but will need 19's to clear them as I don't think the 18's will - though I prefer to stick with 18's. Will see what happens there.

Guess the short of it is just trying to piece together a plan for this winter's teardown, certainly doesn't mean I'm going to stop there. It also doesn't mean I need to do everything all at once either. Need a realistic list for now and try to not do or include anything that will have to be swapped out or upgraded again later. FI isn't cheap and I don't want to do things twice. Already sold most of my bolt-ons to go this route and we all know how much of a hit you take on used parts.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote