View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still a big fan of supercharged Z's. The constant squealing, pulley, and belt alignment issues just left me jaded. Honestly, if you're serious about supercharging, Gamma seems to be doing better at delivering kits than GTM ever was. I would pay with a CC and be ready to cancel if they're late though.

There are some recent trends that could benefit supercharged Z's now. Billet oil pump gears and the ATI damper can allow you to max the supercharger by spinning the motor higher without grenading the pump. The ported TB's, ported uppers, and ported lowers will improve efficiency, ECUTEK is huge for tuning, especially with FI'd cars. We can actually tune to prevent blow through from too much valve overlap. Running Z1's shorties (they actually fit with the stage 2) would improve performance as well. There have been a couple GTM stage 2 kits come up around 550whp, I can't remember off hand. But now with E85 too, I think a properly built SC'd car can provide NA linearity, with turbo power (probably not more than 600whp though). I was just chatting with Elmo370Z about ho awesome it'd be to see how a high revving SC'd Z would perform.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote