View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
ChopsZ just got in before me & I was wondering the same things. For one why in the hell would you have both keys in the car at the same time? BS
When I bought my Z, the salesman handed my brother the owners manual booklet along with the spare key/fob. My brother placed it in the cubby behind the seat along with the owners manual, and reminded me to not forget it when I got home.

Well, I did forget it, for about 4 days. With the other fob in my pocket the whole time, not once did the car ever act any different, nor did it ever shut off on its own or lock the doors on its own.

And the reason I finally remembered the other fob being in the car is because my brother went walking over to my car, joking that he was going to take it out for a drive and hit the button on the door and it unlocked. My fob that's usually in my pocket was about 70 feet away in the house on the kitchen counter.