View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:08 AM   #1637 (permalink)
Ewrjontan
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z GMG 6mt
Ewrjontan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirokenkami View Post
It's worked out fantastically! The pedal engagement feels far more direct than the OEM and the point at which the clutch engages is about 40-50% of release versus the 75-80% that it was at before. Very happy with my results!

I'll put it to you this way, ALOT. If you can wrench, I'd suggest doing it yourself but know it will take you some time to do it without a lift. I believe the install time is something like 7ish hours not including the Master Cylinder install.

I myself did it for numerous reasons 1) I don't wrench. It's not that I can't, it's that I get too frustrated far too easily(like tossing stuff mad) and I find paying someone else to do it is alot better for my health, lol. 2) The convenience of having it done while I was on vacation just made alot of sense considering my round trip mileage on top of the vehicles actual ODO mileage.

I actually did a write up of the overall experience over in General Discussions.

An adventure to be sure...
It's definitely something I would LIKE to do, but I don't have the time, tools nor help needed to pull this off. I haven't really done any sort of transmission work either so I would prefer to not learn on a newish vehicle. Thanks for the info. Nice to know the clutch engagement point changes
Ewrjontan is offline   Reply With Quote