View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
Xplicit97
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo 370Z
Xplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond reputeXplicit97 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Xplicit97 Send a message via MSN to Xplicit97 Send a message via Yahoo to Xplicit97 Send a message via Skype™ to Xplicit97

I appreciate the sentiments, and the constructive critisism. A couple of clarifications though. the black between the body and flares is not a sealant, however it's rubber to prevent the flares from rubbing directly against the body. The tires are only slightly stretched, yes I am currently running spacers because I chose to keep my existing wheels. I will be fixing that at some time in the future. I am running a 20X10 +25 and a 20X12+0 with 295/30/20 and 265/35/20 respectively with spacers of course. I plan on going to a meatier set up in the future, possibly even dropping to a 19" or even 18" wheel. I have some ideas that will more accurately fit my theme. As with most builds they are always a work in progress. This thread wasn't meant to be a "build" thread, but to show something different. I knew not everyone would like it, but I wanted to show there were options aside from Nikko and Moonbeam. But hey on the positive side I won't have to worry about a bunch of copy cats apparently lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
I guess I'm in the minority since I like the look that the OP was going for, it is just the details that lower its quality. Things like the sealant not being even across the overfender (which was stated earlier) and the overfender not following the OEM radius of the fender but instead following it to a point then shrinking down that take away from it; not to mention the stretched wheels on a widebody (but that's just a personal preference).

Still, I do like the look and I appreciate the work/effort/money put into it. A few things I'd do differently but I definitely respect the work that went into it and it being different than every other overfendered Z34.