View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #60 (permalink)
Overlimit
Base Member

Drives: F80 M3
Overlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond reputeOverlimit has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Kenwood DDX9903S. It doesn't have built-in Navigation, but can mirror from your phone (Perhaps Android support only). There is also Android Auto and Apple Carplay similar to the pioneer. However I think the Kenwood unit allows hotswapping between the two (I don't have an apple phone to test this with).

There was an issue with the Kenwood firmware which the directional compass would always point North, as well as the clock setting to a random time on boot. These two issues were fixed with the latest firmware update and can be flashed very easily - Drag the firmware files into the root of a FAT32 USB, then plug and boot.

Also, the Kenwood unit supports an integrated Radar Detector from K40 (no more dash mounted radar detectors!). There is also input for two video sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&I View Post
Intake Manifold Temps and MAF are both good for me ... I have the others in stand alone gauges.
That Tire Pressure feature would have been really nice tho'

From what I've read, The Maestro Rr gives you 2 user definable functions for the Steering Wheel Controls...that would be good as well.

Still trying to decide on the Kenwood or the Pioneer ... any body got a coin I could borrow ?
Overlimit is offline   Reply With Quote