View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
I dont baby my cars. I HIGHLY doubt any damage can be done by not allowing your car to warm up for a specified amount of time, especially with modern day engines. Start the car, keep rpms below 4k until oil temp reaches around 180, then drive it how its meant to be driven. You didnt rev your engine above 4k for the first 3,000 miles did you?
What background are you using to make the claim that just because the motor is more modern, that no damage can happen?

Just because the motor is new doesn't mean its not based off of an old system, that is even more complex...its still metal that expands when warmed up, and oil still doesn't fully protect a motor until warmed up also.

And yes, I sure did rev it past 4K, but I did it after my first oil change when most of the gunk was removed from the oil.