Thread: Black top Dust
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
OldGuyFla
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 370Z TS Roadster
OldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbhrps View Post
OldGuyFla,

Thanks for the heads up on partially opening and closing the top! To that I ask ... so how does one go about cleaning the top stowage area if you can't leave the top partially open?

The dust appears on both sides, on the curved areas on the bows and in between them in those same areas, at pressure points where the bows contact the top material underneath when open, and at some points where the bows pressure the top when folded.

Pictures are pointless as I'm certain I can't get pictures that properly would show what I'm concerned about. I can say that I ran around with the top up today, and the wind draft has diminished the dust appearance (if indeed it is dust) quite a bit.

I'll keep an eye on it but our convertible season is just about done here in Southern Ontario, Canada. I'll keep you posted.

Gene
Wow, this really sounds like a strange problem. I would think that having the top partially open for a short time wouldn't be a problem. I have done that a couple of times just so I could look down in the storage area & doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

Maybe trying to clean the storage area would be a good starting point.

Keep us updated with your progress. Good luck!
Dan