View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #1606 (permalink)
Joe@ZSpeed
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan
Joe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolo View Post
Joe, not sure I can agree with that. The main component responsible for pedal return is the pressure plate. After all, that's what the slave is pushing against to disengage the clutch. The pressure plate requires *a lot* of force to depress. I really don't see how a little spring in the pedal itself can aid in pedal return.

I suppose in some applications there's a port in the MC to aid fluid pressure equalization as the clutch fluid expands/contracts. Are you suggesting this may cause pressure to be applied to the slave without any pressure on the pedal itself?
The port in the master is closed as soon as you even touch the pedal, If the pedal does not make it to the full up position it will not be able to release fluid to the reservoir, It may not hold a lot of pressure in the system but can hold a little. Plus you are never getting a fresh load of fluid if it never gets returned all the way which can cause fluid to get hotter than needed and also will just use the same fluid in the line over and over and over.

Yes the plate returns the fluid which pushes the pedal back up but it is pretty obvious if you remove the spring it does not come ALL the way back up which is why your cruise control will shut off on you when you hit a bump with out it..

Phone 937-506-7224
E-Mail Sales@Zspeed.com

www.ZSPEED.com
Joe@ZSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote