View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #1602 (permalink)
littlejuanito
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Touring Sport
littlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I found this over on the Mustang forum. Maybe BS, maybe not, but for those concerned I figured I'd share:

Removal of Clutch Assist Spring Damaging Slave Cylinder?
I got an email today from Steeda advertising an aftermarket clutch spring with 95lb/in spring stiffness rate compared to OEM 200 lb/in spring stiffness rate. And they state the following: "Most owners fail to realize the prolonged effects of simply taking out your factory OE spring and not replacing it with another spring. By negating your factory clutch assist spring you will notice chatter/NVH from your clutch pedal. Your clutch pedal will never fully return to stock position without any assist spring, and over time your slave cylinder may begin leaking due to constant pressure on its seals from the clutch pedal not returning to the stock position."
sounds more like a scare tactic to get you to buy their spring.
Fast Intentions Non-Resonated Carbon Fiber CBE | Berk Non-Resonated HFC | Powertrix Coilovers | RJM Clutch Pedal | LatheWerks Shift Knob | Stillen Sway Bars, |SPL Parts | Enkei RS05RR | Fujimura Diffuser | Ecutek Tuned by Seb | 308whp
littlejuanito is offline   Reply With Quote