View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jayhovah's Gamma V3 TT Install Pic/Video Dump

This is the dump of all the pictures and videos from my Gamma V3 TT kit... If you want more of the "Build" story, that can be found in this thread:
My kit has arrived! WOOOOOP!
Really, these threads can be viewed in lockstep...

Our story started out sadly. I was driving my 2011 to Houston where I was going to install my kit with my Brother-In-Law. 2 Hours into it, this happened...

So what did I choose to do? Fly there 1-way and buy another Z of course! Enter my beloved '13 GMG Sport.

In all of her stock glory.

Teardown begins! Less than 12 hours from purchase.

Intake mani and injectors out...

Parts are piling up... everything bagged and tagged...

More and More and More and More teardown!

Sweet Impact wrench! STILL fails to remove drivers side demon bolt.

Demon bolt actually deforming the impact socket.

There it is... staring at me all triumphant. I WILL own you.

....F#cker.

Ended up using a bolt extractor... and broke the stud.

When it comes to breaker bars, size matters.

Rounded off nut. Suck it, demon nut.

Moving on! Steering shaft disconnected...

Did I mention my brother-in-law has a lift? I can't imagine doing this on stands.

Manifolds out!

Anyone installing this kit, this little shield has to come out and will be replaced with the provided one. The hardlines need to be bent to fit.

Turbo manifolds going in!!!

This is how you find out that little shield needs to go... It hits the manifold.

So it comes out.... you can see where the coating on my fuel line has been stripped back. While I was fumbling with the provided extension, it wrinkled a little and we had to strip it back.
This turned out to be a huge pain, and we actually just took a torch to it finally. There was still fuel in the line. It was nerve wracking.

Anyone want to play a round of how the F$%k to do I get a wrench on these manifold nuts?

You tie a string to a wrench, drop it down there and guide it with one finger, then pull on the string for a quarter turn. Repeat.

That wasn't the only creative tooling needed. We also broke a wrench and found that it made a nice stubby wrench for tight places.

End of day shot...

Having skinny monkey arms can pay off sometimes...

The 12+ oil cooler water lines were hitting the turbo compressor housing. We had to grind a bit off the houing, and also put a little dent in the water line.
I'd really like to just delete this cooler (and lines) some time.

Got both turbos in!! (For now, they came in and out a billion times)

You can see Mike's (my Brother-in-law) meticulous heatwrapping of my wiring harness.. The harness covers all have to come out or they will also hit the manifold.

Intercoolers in! Starting to look pretty badass.

Cut a hole in the radiator support here. The Gamma kit moves the power steering cooler inboard so the lines need to be routed through here.

Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote