Thread: Bike racks!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
The mount itself shouldn't give you any issue with scratching. The straps that connect to the top of the rack go inside the hatch and connect to the two hooks on the right and left sides. These two straps have vinyl sleeves to protect the paint. The straps are basically "come along" type straps. You do have to drill two holes inside (underneath the carpet) to do the initial install.
If you want, I can take some more detailed pictures and post in the next few days.

The only issue that I've had was before I installed the exhaust. The tube underneath the car was so close to the muffler that it actually made the car sound like I had a hole in the exhaust. After the exhaust install, I used a hockey puck as a washer/spacer and the noise is completely gone.

I don't know if you saw the link in my first post, but it shows some pretty good shots.

Thanks for the replies;
So drilling is needed for this rack?
I currently have a custom exhaust set up.. Two pretty big resonators at the axleback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRGz is offline   Reply With Quote