View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #152 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing I noticed in the data, on the Z1 dyno run the boost built up very linear until red line where it dropped like a rock when the throttle closed like it should. With all of my runs the boost builds up to a point and then flattens out and then actually drops, VDC on or off. When the boost stops rising and flattens out it also becomes rather noisy jumping from one pressure to another changing around 1 to 2 psi during that time. Could this be caused by a bad BOV?

If it was just a leak it should just be a loss of pressure and pretty constant I would think. If the BOV starts leaking it could be fluttering and that could cause a rapid pressure fluctuation. Anybody seen this kind of problem?

I would hate to spend the $$ on a Tial (they are sexy looking) but at this point I don't give a damn about the money, I just want the boost to be where it should be.

Maybe I should fly TopgunZ down here for a weekend to help me solve this........
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote