View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about
Default Help me choose between 19s and 20s

I know you thought... not another one of these threads... but then clicked anyway hoping it was something different. Hopefully it is different enough, but fair warning, it's mostly just the same.

So, along with several other folks I am going widebody on my 370. However, unlike the bagged super low crowd (who I might add have some badass cars), mine will be static suspension, wont' be super low, and will still hit the track a couple of times a year and probably some autoX 3-4 times a year.

I also have a sick obsession with wide rubber and with a wheelwell filled with wheel and tire. So I like my tires wide and tall.

With that in mind I am stuck between the following setups for this car.
305/35r19 on a 19x11 Front
345/30r19 on a 19x12.5 rear

vs

285/30r20 on 20x10 Front
335/35r20 on 20x12 Rear

The 19" setup runs a little taller at about 27.4" front and 27.1" rear diameter. Which after my last setup, I know will fill the wheel wells very well. It is also somewhat wider, particularly in the front. Plus bragging rights for having a 300series front tire. This also should achieve more of a performance look, with the taller sidewall. Also a savings in unprung weight/rotational mass for the wheel (offset to some degree by the wider tire in front).

The 20" setup would have smaller sidewalls, putting the focus more directly on the wheels I am about to shell out major $$ on. Like you probably gathered from looking at my tire/wheel sizes, I am not looking to stretch a tire. However, I think the 20" would give a more modern look with the smaller sidewalls and focus on the wheels.

I know ultimately it is my decision and my car, but I just wanted to get thoughts from the forum.

Last edited by AntiVenom; 08-24-2016 at 04:13 PM.
AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote