View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wonka2581
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MY WIFE CRAZY....
Wonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond repute

Your answer is "NO" you cannot add it your self.. You must take it to the dealer here's why.

The dealer has to hook up the computer to the car and get the car to approximately 110F then they have a nifty little tool that they plug in to your transmission oil pan once they plug it in, it empty's any extra oil if none comes out then they will add oil and repeat till oil is drained out. Then and only then will they know for certain that the correct amount of trans oil in in the transmission. There is no dip stick only a special tool that is pre set to measure the oil level.

I went through the same issue when I installed my trans cooler. Hope this helps..