View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #133 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysilverz View Post
Great thread btw.
Thanks!

It's all a process and patience is a must.

I have the pulley and belt on order to do the Pauly Z belt mod. Everything should be here tomorrow along with the 8 rib belt.

Last night I looked at the spare K071045 belt I have (stock Stillen serpentine belt) and it sure looks like the belts are made from a big wide belt and simply sliced to width. All I need to do to the 8 rib belt (K081088) is cut one rib from it so that it is a 7 rib belt that is 109 3/8 inches long. The K0X portion of the belt number is the number of ribs so my new belt will be a K071088 which doesn't exist......

Cutting off one rib will either be very simple or very hard. The simple way is to use a utility knife and lay the belt flat and simply follow the gro0ve to slice off one rib. If that gives me a problem I will set up my lathe to do the cutting. That will take some time to work on a tool holder mod to hold a utility blade but it will give me a very precise cut. If that is what is needed I can make these belts for you guys at a very reasonable cost. I am hoping that the first method will work and you can make your own.

My plan is to install the belt mod this weekend.

This week is crazy busy, our main garage door broke sometime Sunday night when the helper spring broke. That is supposed to get fixed tomorrow. I'm also not in shape to work on the car right now as I got two spider bites Sunday afternoon while driving my Z to go and visit my dad. I felt a sting on my shoulder but didn't think much of it and then another sting in my arm pit. Smashed the SOB then. It was under my shirt so I never saw it and there wasn't much left of it after I ground it to mush. I'm itching like crazy!
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!

Last edited by TBatt; 08-30-2016 at 01:32 PM.
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote