View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
I do not. An educated guess would be 63hz on doors, and 2500 on dash. Just a guess, though.
You gave Nissan way too much credit. I grabbed the stock speakers from my 2011 which I happened to still have and took a look at them.

The mid is full range, and 2 Ohm.

The tweeter is highpass'd at 8.5 kHz (6 db/octave) and is 4 Ohm.

Kind of amazing that it sounds as reasonably good as it does considering how far away it is from what most would think is a "standard" setup. I'm planning on rolling with the stock speakers for now, so I'll probably remove the filter from the tweeter and tune it from the headunit. I'm interested to see how the Pioneer's internal amp deals with the 2 Ohm load from the mids, but my guess is that it will be fine.

Looks like I will get to try out some of these free phone app spectrum analyzers.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote