View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 08:49 AM   #976 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Like I was saying on the phone, you have 44k on your belt that sounds like never had any conditioning. That serp belt across the 9psi pulley has like 25% wrap, 180 is suggested optimal, and is probably pretty dry. Hit it with that crc I suggested before anything else.

Stock cats? Those will cost you some serious power loss if so.

How much timing do you have?
The car has 42K miles on it. The belt is new that came with the kit so it has less than 1K miles. I'm using a 2.92 pulley on the SC with the larger idler so it has about 80% wrap. All of the other pulleys are the stock Stillen ones. I did pick up a can of the CRC to see if it helps.

Yes, stock cats.

Timing is 15-16 degrees from 3-7K rpm. AFR is 11.5, 8.4 max psi.

Seb is NOT finished with the tune yet so there is probably more power to come with him dialing it in. I'll be doing another log run either this evening or tomorrow. We have been having a bunch of pop up thunderstorms in the afternoon which is quite common for us this time of the year. I may and wait until tomorrow morning when it is cooler and less likely to be wet.

BTW: I did contact Gates about making a 7 rib 109 3/8" belt so that we could use the additional idler on the jackshaft drive AND have the proper width. They can do it but the setup fee is $10K and the minimum order is 100 belts. Ouch!
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote