View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #125 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you following this, I would like to say how happy I am with the support from Seb and Topgunz as well as a bunch of you that have chimed in at times. These guys have been great and very patient as I work through the process of boosting my Z. While I am not where I thought I would be (whp wise) I am very happy with how the car runs and drives. It is waaaaaaay faster than stock and quite fun to play with so I'm overall happy with the results.

It is looking like I will need the Si impeller upgrade to reach my goal of 450 whp so that may have to wait until next year as I am rapidly running out of my summer break to get the car finished. My recording and video business is starting to book up and it is what pays for the "toys".

The new brakes are bedding in nicely and boy do they not only stop but there is a big difference in the brake feel. With the SS brake lines and Stoptech pads the pedal is very firm and gives great feedback as to what is going on. The drilled and slotted rotors cannot be heard over the exhaust so that is a bonus.

Overall the car has been greatly transformed since I started turning wrenches back in June. Has it been worth it...............4ell yeah! Would I do it again..........4ell yeah!

I'm hoping by the end of August I can reach a good stopping point of the build and just enjoy the car until next summer when I will have time to do some upgrades. When I get to the end of the month I'm planning on starting a thread on "Lessons Learned about Boosting a Z". Why you may ask, well it is because I have had a lot of PMs, text messages and direct phone calls about what I have done and besides I feel I need to give back to the Z community. Thanks guys!!!!!
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote