Thread: upgrading sound
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
takimbe
Base Member

Drives: 09' PG 370Z w/SP
takimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond reputetakimbe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to takimbe Send a message via Yahoo to takimbe

I believe they are 6.5s. I plan on replacing them with either some Infinity Reference 6022is (60/pair), or up the ante and go with the higher end Alpine Type-R SPR-17S's. either one will be a significant upgrade from the current 6.5s in the base model. Dont know if I will replace the sub and tweeters or not yet. I figure the 6.5s hooked up to the Kenwood DNX5120 nav unit i have on order should produce the kind of sound i desire. I will be hooking up my 80 gig ipod to them. what are your thoughts on this setup? Should i replace the sub or tweeters first? or start with the 6.5s?

Speakers are definitely the first order of business once i get the car in 2 months...
takimbe is offline   Reply With Quote