View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Sure, I mean I'm not saying it will happen to all of them or that there isnt a right and a wrong way to do it. I like the fact that you didnt get defensive Mike so I'll share to help figure out what went wrong.

It happened to these style wheel.

This was done as a gift so I have no idea how they were done, but I know it wasnt the first or the last set (she also had an STI and had her own set done later and as far as I know they are still fine, not sure if they were done in the same place, but i think so)

This was in Boston where it gets really cold so that may have something to do with it. Also there were a ton of potholes, but it didnt happen over there, it happened here in Miami...where there are no potholes. Car did see track time and therefore high temps from the brakes...

The spokes started going one by one near the center until more or less all of them were broken or cracked.

So yeah the wheels went through a lot of stress, however you should know that the Stock forged STI wheels are extremely strong and I had never seen anyone else's wheels crack like that. I do think it was related...but I'm not saying it will happen to everyone.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote