View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGz View Post
How are the oem coolers that come with the newer models? Would they fit an 09? (Direct bolt on)

A little concerned today about getting one now as this morning (430am) it was a chilly 55 degrees. Atleast chilly for me due to having dealt with triple digits for a few months and 80 degree mornings for a while..

Oil was showing 190 degrees for a 30 minute freeway commute with lots of 4th-7th gear changes. I feel like thats too cold? Please correct me if im wrong. I would like an ideal temp of 200-215

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new cooler is the one that the other poster was referring to as a stabilizer. It is really a water to oil cooler and they do work and for general street use I think it would be fine. They do cool the oil vs no cooler but they are not as efficient as air to oil. I imaging you could install one in an earlier model but the install would most likely be more expensive and more difficult to install than just a 19 row cooler. You would have to get the cooler, the new filter stud, the hoses, coolant, and the coolant hard lines. Really not worth it.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote