View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #2344 (permalink)
ThaeMaestro
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z
ThaeMaestro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCiouS View Post
Drive a good electronic steering car then revisit your opinion

Everyone keeps posting numbers and commenting on similarities that would put the Z in Cayman or Cayman S range. Weight and PEAK HP isn't everything, keyword being peak that everyone seems to leave out.

Right now the Z is competitive with a base 981 Cayman 2.7L (275 crank hp), but significantly slower than a 981 Cayman S 3.4L (325 crank), even though its right in the middle in terms of weight to power

Peak HP and weight are components, but it's not going to put Nissan in a straight line competition with a GT4, let alone an S model Cayman. Not to mention figure 8 and other handling performance.

See comparison below for the hypothetical Z, assuming a straight percent change from weight ratio to 0-60 time(which isnt realistic) and drastic weight reduction (which also isn't realistic with the front engine setup). All other numbers based on car and driver best times, not manufacturer websites.

Attachment 115949

You do bring up some good points. A car isnt about the weight and hp alone. I did say it would be a competitor for the gt4 and by numbers alone (power/weight). Not by handling or even by 0-60. I based this off the fact that you can pick two out of the three: power, light, or cheap. What I'm saying is I dont see the 400hp "cheap" car being to light. (Its got to be at least 3300...)

Also id argue you cant put 0-60 times the way you did it. 0-60 these days will highly depend on tranny and in some cases a launch control or active suspension controlling weight. Even if the z had a better power/weight id put my money on the fancy cars. That double clutch ATM alone will save 0.25 secs easily. (Just pulled a number out my *** just so you know).
ThaeMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote