View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #2335 (permalink)
ViCiouS
Base Member

Drives: '14 981 Cayman S
ViCiouS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
Cool videos! I'm concerned about "drive by wire" and hope that isn't part of the Z - we want MORE connection with the car not less.
!
Drive a good electronic steering car then revisit your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaeMaestro View Post
You have to remember, to each their own. Honestly I think the new Z will be amazing.

I think realistically trying to get a car 400+bhp and around or under 3000lbs would just be way to expensive to make. I mean that's better numbers then a porsche cayman gt4 starting at $84,000. Possible, yes. Probable ... Probably not.
Everyone keeps posting numbers and commenting on similarities that would put the Z in Cayman or Cayman S range. Weight and PEAK HP isn't everything, keyword being peak that everyone seems to leave out.

Right now the Z is competitive with a base 981 Cayman 2.7L (275 crank hp), but significantly slower than a 981 Cayman S 3.4L (325 crank), even though its right in the middle in terms of weight to power

Peak HP and weight are components, but it's not going to put Nissan in a straight line competition with a GT4, let alone an S model Cayman. Not to mention figure 8 and other handling performance.

See comparison below for the hypothetical Z, assuming a straight percent change from weight ratio to 0-60 time(which isnt realistic) and drastic weight reduction (which also isn't realistic with the front engine setup). All other numbers based on car and driver best times, not manufacturer websites.

8-4-2016 2-38-24 PM.png

Last edited by ViCiouS; 08-04-2016 at 03:33 PM.
ViCiouS is offline   Reply With Quote