View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #99 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

When I made my WOT run and got off the throttle I heard a loud clunking sound coming from the front. I pushed the clutch in and the sound immediately stopped. When I let the clutch back out the noise came back too. After the car had slowed down the noise was gone. When I got back to the house I started looking for what could have caused the noise. It was caused by the torquing of the motor while decelerating. If I put the car in reverse and popped the clutch the same sound could be heard.

The problem was the front throttle body was touching the tower brace. There was zero clearance and when the car was accelerating it was just pushing harder on the brace but when the torque was reversed the throttle body and the brace were banging into each other. Anyone else had this interference problem?

The solution was simple, I just added some washers under the brace and now the noise is gone. I knew that there wasn't much clearance there but the two parts were in constant contact without the spacers.
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote