View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
ban25
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 C7 Z06 M7
ban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dua564 View Post
Buckeye, when you say too aggressive on the throttle, do you mean when applying power at the apex? I brake in a straight line before the turn, turn in and hit the power at the apex. You're saying I should apply light power here?

Rusty, Yes. I noticed the TCS light came coming out of turns. It was especially noticeable at turn 11 on Laguna Seca which I feel is the hardest on brakes and shifting to second gear (hard to get that combo right).

What do you guys suggest to improve my next track day with regards to TCS, braking and applying power with this car? I'm on the base 2013 model so no LSD
11 is a slow turn anyway. What you want to do is line up on the right edge, brake hard, then turn in and slowly unwind after the apex. The goal is to get the car straightened out quickly so you can get on the gas coming onto the straight. Feel free to use that green strip on the right side. I always have my right tires on it coming out of T11. My buddy always has his left tires on it, LOL.