View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
BuckeyeZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z BMW M4
BuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dua564 View Post
Buckeye, when you say too aggressive on the throttle, do you mean when applying power at the apex? I brake in a straight line before the turn, turn in and hit the power at the apex. You're saying I should apply light power here?

I'm on the base 2013 model so no LSD
Yes. Each turn at each track is different so there is no 'rule'. You can start applying light throttle as you start to unwind the wheel, and the more you unwind the harder you can accelerate. I would expect that you would not be flat-on-the-floor until the steering wheel is straight.

I missed the fact that you were in base model. No LSD makes your brake wear situation even worse.